Indian Embassy of Nepal published a notice to invite application for Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for Nepalese Student. Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for scholarships on prescribed Application Form from Nepali nationals enrolled in Bachelor 1styr / 1st semester of under graduate courses in recognized educational institutions in Nepal, during the academic year 2017-18. The scholarships will be awarded under the scheme for medical (5 year course), Engineering (4 year course) and other disciplines (3 year course) for B.Sc., BA, BBS, B.Com, B.Ed. BBA, BBM. Under Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme, Embassy of India provides scholarships to students enrolled in Bachelor 1st year/1st semester of undergraduate courses in recognized educational institutions in Nepal. A total of 200 scholarships are provided under the scheme as per the following distribution:-
i) Medical: 50 (5 years course)
ii) Engineering: 50 (4 years course)
iii) Other disciplines: 100 (Scholarship will be restricted to 3 yrs only
Eligibility to Apply for Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for Nepalese Students 2017-2018 Intake
Candidate must be a Nepali Citizen and should have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate at the Intermediate (+2) level / Class 12th and family income of the candidate must be less than Nrs. 2,00,000/= per annum. Note: Those who are receiving scholarship from any other institution are not eligible to apply.
(Please do not include Class XI marks).
Applicants should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
Selected students in medical/engineering disciplines will get a scholarship of Nrs. 4,000/= per month. The scholarship for students in other disciplines will be Nrs. 3,000/= per month. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardees falls below 50% in each subsequent year or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
Submission of Application:
The applications may please be submitted at Embassy of India, Kathmandu or CGI Birgunj or Camp Office
Biratnagar latest by December 26, 2017 as per given details-
- Candidates studying in college of Bara, Chitwan, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Makwanpur, Parsa, Rautahat and Sarlahi districts may submit at CGI Birgunj.
- Candidates studying in college of Dhankuta, Ilam, Jhapa, Morang, Siraha, Saptari, Sunsari and Udaypur may submit at Camp Office Biratnagar.
- Candidates studying in college of other districts (other than above mentioned 16 districts) may please submit application at Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- Selection will be based on merit for the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in paragraph 2&3 above. If necessary, candidates will be interviewed at Kathmandu, Birgunj and Biratnagar in Nepal.
- Names of selected candidates will be placed on Indian Embassy website and intimation to this effect will be given through e-mail. Candidates are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu, CGI Birgunj and Camp Office Biratnagar for the scholarship scheme. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/e-mail address clearly on the Application Form. Any change in address/telephone number should be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate’s signature.
- Children of retired/serving Nepali soldiers in Indian Army if selected, are required to furnish a certificate to this effect that he /she is a child of serving /ex-serviceman personnel of Indian Army and send their application through Asstt. Military Attaché (Welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- APPLICATION FORM my please be downloaded from our website at www.indianembassy.org.np, and submitted personally after completion along with supporting documents.
- Selected candidates should submit copy of first year pass mark sheet in the month of January only (2019) for release of 2nd Installment (for second year) failing which the scholarship may be terminated.