How to get Driving License of Motorcycle/Car/Bus etc. in Nepal
License is the permit to drive vehicles on any country. Without license no one are allowed to drive vehicles. In context of our country Nepal, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport (Department of Transport Management) has the authority to distribute license to one who fulfills the terms and conditions provided by them. Department of Transport Management of Nepal is now strictly distributing license. In order to get driving license in Nepal there are certain criteria.
New requirement for acquiring driving license in Nepal
- One should be a Nepali Citizen and should bear the citizenship provided by Government of Nepal.
- He/she should be at least 16 years to get license of category (A) i.e. Motorcycle, Scooter, Moped.
- He/she should be at least 19 years to get license of category (B) i.e. Car, Jeep, Delivery van (also called light vehicles).
- He/she should cross 21 years to get license of heavy vehicles i.e. Bus, Truck, Lorry etc.
- He/she should be physically fit.
Fee for using driving vehicles while taking the test/trail drive exam for driving license
If you can fulfill the criteria given above you can step ahead to get the license. Now here are the procedures for acquiring license in our country:
- Go to the Department of Transport Management in your district and get the application form from the Depart distributing forms.
- Fill the form with the necessary information. You must enter the information that is mentioned in the citizenship. You should attach your two passport size photos on the form.
- You also require medical report for the submission of form. A copy of citizenship and qualified medical report should be attached with the form.
- Also Rs. 10 government ticket must be paste in your form. Finally submit your form by paying the amount mentioned by the government and receive the admit card from the office.
- Date and time for the driving test/trial exam will be mentioned in your admit card. You can refer particularly driving guideline book for the exam of any publication and prepare by looking the format provided by Department of Transport Management.
- Appear the test exam and do well. If you pass the exam you should appear next and final practical exam i.e. driving test or trail.
- In trail exam you cannot use your own vehicle. You need to use the vehicle provided by the management board. If you pass the final exam than you have to go to Department of Transport Management office in your district and collect your driving license and have authority to drive vehicles.
Sample Layout (Trail/Test Driving Route for Two Wheeler Motor Vehicle (Motorbike/Scooter)
Sample Layout (Trail/Test Driving Route for Four Wheeler Motor Vehicle (Car, Jeep, Bus, Truck, Lorry)
Note: One year will your license trial period. In case of any accidents, and violations of traffic rules and regulations, your driving license will be seized.