Mount Everest is highest peak of the world, also known as “roof of the world”. Everyone around the world interested about Mount Everest wants to know actually where is Mount Everest located at? In which country Mount Everest peak lies? How tall is Mount Everest? How high is Mount Everest? Here goes the solution.
Where is Mount Everest Located? How Tall is Mount Everest?
The Mount Everest is located in Nepal. Sagarmatha is the national name/Nepalese name of Mount Everest. It is also known as Chomolungma in Tibetan language. Mount Everest is located in the Mahalangur mountain range in Nepal and Tibet. The height of Mount Everest peak is 8,848 meters above sea level. The Mount Everest peak lies in Nepal. The area of peak of Mount Everest is just 7 square meter and lies on 27°59’ North latitude, 86°55’ East longitudes in southern part of Asia. The Mount Everest name is given by land Surveyor General ’Sir George Everest’ that first tried to locate the exact position of the peak.
The detail information and facts about Mount Everest
- Located country: Nepal (Actual Location of Mount Everest is Khumjung VDC, Solukhumbu District, Sagarmatha Zone, Nepal)
- Mountain Range: Mahalangur Himal, Himalayas
- Height: 8,848 meters (29028 feet) from sea level
- First ascent date on Mount Everest: May 29, 1953
- First ascenders on Mount Everest: Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary
- First female ascent: 16 May, 1975 by Junko Tabei (Japan)
- Easiest route to clibm Mount Everest: South Col
- Listing: Seven Summits, Ultra-prominent peak, Eight-thousander
- Co-ordinates: 27°59’ North latitude, 86°55’ East longitudes
- Best Season to Climb Mount Everest: The best time to climb Mt. Everest is April, May, and some days in September, October, and November.
How much money does it cost to climb Mount Everest?
Climbing or ascending Mount Everest is very expensive. The Climb—$35,000 to $100,000. Mount Everest climbing starts at around $35,000 because mountaineering permits begin at $10,000 (the Mount Everest climbing price varies based on the number in the expedition).